What Deeply Disturbs Me
(Reading time: 0.7 minutes)
These are some things that deeply disturb me about Christians (including myself) and the ineffectiveness of the American church.
What I Can’t Stand
Seeing Christians, including myself:
- living “normal” lives, preoccupied with worldly concerns
- essentially ignorant of God’s kingdom and plan for their lives
- and striving to achieve goals indistinguishable from those of the unbelievers around them.
What Grieves Me
Seeing churches that:
- fail to change people
- focus on perpetuating their doctrines and programs and rituals
- have no impact on our secular culture
- and function mainly as clubs for like-minded people.
What Angers Me
Living in a world:
- dominated by corruption and decay
- where everything from God is perverted or rejected
- and where people are enslaved to sin and seem either content with that condition or feel hopeless to change.